The environmental challenges our planet is faced with today concern all of us. Climate change, pollution, and the Greenhouse effect are warning signs and indicators of the need for drastic action to curb waste and raise efficiency in all areas of life, in order to protect and preserve our planet for future generations.
Unfortunately, the tourism industry is a major consumer of energy and generator of waste, due to the intensity and frequency of hygiene services (laundry, disinfection, and more), the provision of air-conditioning, and the need for hot water. A sustainable business that leads by example through Green Practices can play a defining role in the community and contribute to positive change in our world.
Through our Green Philosophy initiative, we have implemented various significant changes, and thus managed to reduce our ecological footprint and greatly conserve water and energy usage. We welcome suggestions that can help us intensify and improve our efforts, and will be happy to discuss things further during the course of your stay!ECO FRIENDLY POLICIES
- Green roofs
- Garden and walkways
- Thermal insulation of all premises
- Double-paned windows and doors
- High-efficiency central-heating and cooling systems
- Appliances rated at A or A+ for energy efficiency
- Water-saving and energy-efficiency devices (lightbulbs, low-flow faucets, water-timers, key-cards, etc.)
- Recycling of paper and packaging
- Ecologically-safe cleaning products
- Recycling and re-use of water wherever appropriate